Purina Veterinary Diets UR Urinary St/Ox brand feline formulas provide complete and balanced nutrition for adult maintenance and have been formulated to achieve the following characteristics:
- Dry formula designed to promote increased water intake and to increase urine volume
- Promote the production of urine undersaturated (RSS<1.0) for struvite
- Promote the production of urine metastable (RSS<10) for calcium oxalate
- Average urine pH = 6.2 (pH range of 6.0-6.4)
- Moderate fat and calorie content.
Diets with these nutritional modifications have been recommended for cats with the following conditions:
- Struvite-associated FLUTD
- History of calcium oxalate uroliths
- Idiopathic cystitis
- Sterile struvite stones.